In his resume you can find some incredible achievements –
- 4 Championship rings
- 1 Final MVP
- 6 Time All-Star
- 3 Times All-NBA Second Team
- All-NBA Third Team
- All-Rookie First Team
- 2 Time Top Scorer of FIBA EuroBasket
- All-time leader in assists for San Antonio
- FIBA Europe Under-18 Championship
- FIBA Europe Under-18 MVP
- EuroBasket – Gold, Silver and 2 Bronze Medals
- 2 Times All-Europeans Player of the Year
- 2 Times FIBA Europe Player of the Year Award
Tony was drafted by the Spurs in the 2001 draft in the 28th pick of the draft.
“A lot of different stuff ultimately led me to this decision, But, at the end of the day, I was like, if I can’t be Tony Parker anymore and I can’t play for a championship, I don’t want to play basketball anymore” – Parker in an interview with The Undefeated.
He added – “Last season was very different for me. I had a great time in Charlotte. This is very different for me after 17 years with the Spurs. And so I knew that the time changed, and I was being very nostalgic.”
Parker played in 1,254 and started 1,151 regular season games while averaging 15.5 points and 5.6 assists per game.
He also played in 226 playoffs games and started in 213 of them. His scoring average went up to 17.9 points and 5.1 assists per game.